Blogs Update: Testing

blog newsThe blog project has been making steady progress, overcoming several unexpected blips in development over the last couple of weeks. Functional, security and other testing is on-going.
We hit a major milestone on Friday, 26 September 2014 when we provided a testing environment to test users around Scotland.
We are still well on track for going live on the 3rd of October as long as no major bugs or problems turn up.

I was able to show a few people at the Scottish Learning Festival some of the new development which was well received.

From a personal point of view I was delighted to get into the testing environment and see things working. It is lovely to see our requirements turning into something real. This is in large part due to the team here working much harder than anyone could expect and putting in quite a few extra hours.
I am looking forward to seeing how the blogs are put to use after the 3rd of October the subsequent upgrade to WordPress 4 and adding more improvements over the coming months.

Primary teacher. I like blogs, podcasts and the internet. More here http://johnjohnston.info/blog/about/

Tagged with: ,
Posted in News, Project News
2 comments on “Blogs Update: Testing
  1. Shirley Campbell0Morgan says:

This was the first year I didn’t go to SLF. Wish i had. We are waiting for the blogs as we use them for our eportfoios. Will there be a tile to access them?

2. Hi Shirley,
    there will be a a tile. This will take you to the ‘home page’ of your LA, there you will be able to create blogs and access your existing blogs.