The Scottish Government’s vision for a world-class education system is firmly based on the successful implementation of Curriculum for Excellence (CfE). Digital and other technologies play an important role in enabling this. The Glow platform is a nationally available digital service that is fundamental to supporting delivery of this vision.
The vision is one where: “Scotland’s educators, learners and parents take full advantage of the benefits offered by digital technology in order to raise attainment, ambition and opportunities for all”
The vision is under-pinned by a number of specific objectives:
- A change in the culture of the use of digital technologies;
- Improved confidence in the use of digital technologies by learners, teachers, school leaders and parents;
- The promotion of new pedagogies;
- Increased and strengthened parental engagement; and
- Provision of the best possible support for hardware and associated ICT infrastructure.
A position statement has been produced that sets out the purpose of the Glow service and its key place in supporting learning and teaching in Scotland.