We will shortly have a patch release on the blogs service to fix a few issues.
This release will go through some testing cycles and we expect it to be out week ending 7th November.
There may be a short downtime when the patch release is applied. This will be outside school hours and we will give warning through this blog, the help blog and directly to Glow Key Contacts when we know exactly when this will happen.
This will include:
The wp-spam free plugin will be activated as a site wide plugin that will be automatically activated for all public blogs.
NB. This will mean the plugin will no longer be in sites plugins admin screens and a message will be displayed there indicating the plugin has been removed.
Fixes for the following issues:
- Suffusion theme problem with featured posts turned on.
- Message on Create a blog page incorrect for 3 local authorities.
- First time Glow blogs user cannot see the ‘My Blogs’ link on the landing page, even when they have been assigned a blog.
- Regulus Theme: Comments from external uses failing to work.
- Fatal errors when using the Unite theme.
There will be some infrastructure changes to improve performance generally.
We have started preliminary work on Phase 2, the upgrade to WordPress 4.